Monday, April 10, 2006

Thoughts from the Weekend

Cards-Phils: I got out to my first baseball game on Thursday night. The Phillies lost, but I eat about $47.69 of food and got a free blanket for signing up for a credit card that I’ll never use. The highlight was getting reacquainted with the joy of an ice cream sundae that comes in a miniature, baseball cap. There are few pleasures in this world as satisfying as eating ice cream out of a plastic hat. By my count, I’ll be visiting a minimum of six ball parks this year and you can count on me getting a mini-ball cap sundae at each of them.

Celtics-Sixers Game: So I found myself very bored on Friday night after a long day of studying and decided that I’d go and watch my beloved C’s play the Sixers. It was a great back-and-forth game, which the Green eventually won. What really struck me about the whole experience was the amount of crap that was played over the speaker during the game. There was little something always going on and I mean this is the worst way possible. They even have this stupid chime for every time that someone made a free-throw. The only bit of noise that was entertaining was a dance-off between a bunch of fat guys and some lady-dancers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home