Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Everyday Villains: Part 2

A few weeks ago, I introduced you to a little segment that I like to call “Everyday Villains.” It’s my way of saluting those who manage to make our days just a little bit worse. Today, I salute whoever lives in the apartment above me.

Talk about a special group of people. From what I gather, these folks do two things: argue violently and listen to crappy music. What makes them really special is that they manage to do this just about all of the time. I’ve been woken up at 7:15 in the morning to hear them arguing over who smoked the last of their hippie lettuce. Time doesn’t matter to these people. They’re almost workman-like in their commitment to harassing their neighbors. As their piece de resistance, about a month ago one of them yacked in front of the entrance to the apartment...and didn’t clean it up.

The most recent bout that has forced me to commit this to print was being subjected to the song “Ordinary People” for an hour-and-a-half yesterday. Whoever was listening just kept playing it over and over and over. Now, I love just about every Barry White song ever written and I’ve been known to hit the ‘repeat’ button a few times, but I’ve never listened to one song for over an hour. It was mind numbing. It was so bad that I couldn’t even focus on NCAA March Madness 2004.

So thanks, people upstairs. You’re Everyday Villains!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home