Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Man Card: Revoked

Two nights ago, I watched “Pride & Prejudice.” It came to my DVD player through a series of events that I’m too tired to recall. I can’t believe I’m about to write this, but I actually enjoyed it. Here’s a few thoughts:

· I was only vaguely aware of how much the Bridget Jones movies borrowed from Austen. It turns out that Fielding took a lot. Oh yeah, I also own Bridget Jones. Let’s just move on.
· Keira Knightley. Wow. This girl is 17lbs and a perky set of B’s away from super-duper stardom. She’s hot, funny, AND she can act! As Cannon so aptly put it, she kind of looks like every attractive girl you’ve ever seen. I don’t know exactly what that means, but it seems to make a lot of sense. Oh yeah, she’s also only 20 years old. So, we could be enjoying “her work” for the next 15-20 years. The only problem is that she’s built like a flimsy coat rack. From where I’m sitting (my coach), it won’t take much more than 34 chicken parm sandwiches to get this girl right. So if you see Knightley, slip her a hoagie.
· In my defense, I wanted to make sure that my man card remained in my wallet so I watched “The 13th Warrior.” Great movie. I mentioned the other day about how many crappy epics have been made as of late. This isn’t one of them.
· My final thought is that it’s good to see a movie where it’s not the guy’s fault. Every Lady Flick I see is the same. Man and lady meet. Lady is nice and wonderful. Man is a-hole who’s also afraid of commitment. Conflict ensues. Man sacrifices manliness to placate woman. Roll credits. This movie wasn’t like that. It was thoughtful and clever and, um, I enjoyed it.

1 Comments:

At 3/29/2006 10:57:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The bustle would be proud. Domino...she's crazy in that movie.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home