Wednesday, June 14, 2006

NBA FINALS: IT'S WADE-TACULAR!


I’m not gonna lie to you. During the fourth quarter of tonight’s game three, I was flipping back and forth between the game and *GULP* National Treasure. Yep. A Nic Cage movie. With about eight minutes left in the game, I actually decided to check out IMDB.com to see where that blonde chick in the movie was from. (Troy, by the way.)

Having burnt out on National Treasure, I made the decision to watch the end of the Heat’s season. I was mostly interested in how much Pat Riley would whine. Down by 13 with a little over six minutes left, business began to pick up. Dwayne Wade proceeded to go absolutely insane for the next four minutes or so. I don’t have the specific stats, but I’m pretty sure he scored 37 points during that final stretch. (Actually, it was 15.)

Let’s just put Wade’s performance in perspective. He tied a career-high with 42 points. The last guy to score 40+ points in the NBA finals was Shaq in 2002 against Hitler’s favorite team, the New Jersey Nets. He also mixed in a career-high rebounding total with 13. It’s also significant that a large chunk of those points and a key rebound came in the fourth quarter while down huge.
At this point, I’m just rooting for a competitive series. I did pick the Mavs to win, and still think that Mavs hoist the trophy, but I’m much more interested in a fun bunch of games at this point. As an added bonus, I’m now going to watch the end of National Treasure.

4 Comments:

At 6/14/2006 11:36:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you love it!

 
At 6/14/2006 01:50:00 PM, Blogger Iconoclast said...

To say that I'm loving it doesn't even begin to capture the range of emotions I went through last night. The biggest thing out of this is that I'm guaranteed AT LEAST two more games, which is absolutely huge on the combatting boredom front.

 
At 6/19/2006 11:16:00 AM, Blogger The Ultimate Weapon said...

So you still think the mavs will take it? I've been saying "respect the daddy" all along. Either way the series gets interesting now.

 
At 6/20/2006 10:52:00 AM, Blogger Iconoclast said...

Respect the Daddy? The Daddy has been a non-factor. Erica Dampier has been out-performed Shaq.

For the record, I still like the Mavs. But, of course, I'm probably wrong. I blame Dick Bavetta.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home