Thursday, March 09, 2006

NEWS FLASH: Ryan Gomes Retroactively Placed on Eastern Conference All-Stars

Not to sound like a broken record, but Ryan Gomes just scored a new career-high against the Sixers (29 points). He also pulled down 11 rebounds. Even better, I actually got to watch this game. Judging from his performance, I think it’s safe to assume that he is the most indomitable force in this universe or any other.

In light of recent events, I am now calling upon Coach K to place Ryan on Team USA. Even better, he should be made team captain. If Coach K doesn’t do this immediately, I’m prepared to play a little game I like to call “See How Loud You Can Make The Head Coach of Duke Basketball Scream.” The rules are simple: I get to use needle-nose pliers; not on Coach K, but on JJ Redick and Shane Battier.

[I still have a lot of pent up frustration over the Iverson debacle. You also get bonus points if you can tell me what SNL sketch I’m borrowing from.]

It’s also time that Ryan got a cool nickname. I’m thinking “The Baron of the Boards” or “Night Train.” It’s still a work in progress, but I’d also accept something short and powerful, like “The Duke.”

3 Comments:

At 3/09/2006 07:10:00 PM, Blogger The Ultimate Weapon said...

I'm waiting for Maurice Cheeks or Billy King to say "I took Chris Webber and some high school kid instead OK, I fucked up, I should have recruited him". Sometimes loud mouthed Philly fans do know what their talking about, and I watched this kid put a college on his back for 4 years, and screamed at the telivision during the draft last year pleading for them to take him. I can't stand watching him dominate just for the fact I have no one to say "I told you so to".

 
At 3/10/2006 10:59:00 AM, Blogger Iconoclast said...

I like Steal of the Draft, but I'm not sure if it will still hold water a few years from now. I'm going to continue to have to think about this one.

TUW, don't worry that you didn't get him. You've got KK, Sam Dalembert, and a Decomposing Finesse Power Forward on your roster for the long-haul.

 
At 8/23/2017 05:07:00 AM, Blogger Linda said...

Very helpful advice in this particular post! It’s the little changes that make the largest changes. Thanks for sharing!
sushi-cat2.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home