Friday, February 17, 2006

Curling Update


In an utterly, exciting match, the US Women’s Curling Team rallied from 3 behind going into the 10th and final end. Unfortunately, they lost in the extra end (EE) and have been eliminated from the medal contention. Even more unfortunately, NBC cut away from the match to go to....a women’s hockey PRE-GAME SHOW! What the hell!?!

Changing pace a little, I just was on CurlGirls.com and I decided to check out their message board. The earlier posts, before the games started, were very benign. They were mostly well-wishes from friends, family, and curling enthusiasts. As soon as the games started, the creepy guys started to show up. Most offer marriage and undying affection. The others are more, well, bizarre. Here’s a smattering.

“There's a mistake in Cassie's bio.They forgot angel-faced princess and the most beautiful girl in the world.” – John

“3 things:
1) You are all beautiful
2) I am in love with all of you
3) I want to be a professional curler
4) Dinosaurs!” – Eric

“Penn State University is now obsessed with curling! We've tried it with pots and pans in the frozen parking lot! Best of luck and go USA!” – John Elsman (Not creepy, but very funny.)

“Maureen, I am totally in LOVE with YOU, marry me and you'll never see the inside of a Home Depot again.” – Bill (Several of the girls work at Home Depot.)

“By the way, Cassie, I'm single and would love a curling date.I have never been curling, but it is definitely in my future plans.” – Todd

“Hey girls, nice job against Sweden. Cassie you are so hot but a choker. Maybe when you come back you can choke on this. GO USA!!!” – Shaun White (the most offensive post, by a lot)

“A message to the USCA/USOC...Don't send a bunch of GIRLS to do an ADULT'S JOB!!!!” – Jo Bobb Briggs


What did I learn from this? That I should probably never have any daughters. If I do, I will do absolutely everything in power to keep them off TV.

1 Comments:

At 2/17/2006 01:16:00 PM, Blogger BLAZER PROPHET said...

Tough losses so far. I had really high expectations for them at the olympics. Oh well, there's always the next one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home