Thursday, February 09, 2006

Links: They’re like steel.

Just throwing some grenades. Enjoy.

Cat Fight – Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban on his recent lady fight with Phillip Jackson: "I own Phil Jackson. Not literally of course. That thrill belongs to the smartest businesswoman in professional sports, Jeannie Buss [Jackson’s girlfriend and team executive]. Figuratively however, the coach formerly known as the Zen Master must now be considered my bucket boy.” That’s not something one dude says to another dude.

The Nice Guy Syndrome: Every holiday, Health Services at Rutgers sends out a “don’t kill yourself email.” The Nice Guy Syndrome is a perennial favorite of mine. If I heed the tale’s warning, perhaps next Valentine’s Day I won’t get drunk on Schlitz and watch the Karate Kid Part II all by myself. Nah.

100 Things You Need to Know About Women – In keeping with the relationship theme, Maxim has prepared a list of things that YOU need to know about ladies. Number 79 offers words to live by.

Reading the Right Books by John Granger – Granger is the author of “Finding God in Harry Potter.” The book is a really insightful look into the series and shatters the myths about their being satanic. I’m a big fan of the series and really appreciate the work. Rowling does a wonderful job of creating a world in which basic virtues are stealthily held up for children to absorb. In many ways, I think that her work is just as rich as Lewis’s Narnia and, depending on the outcome of Book 7, Tolkien. If you are a Potter fan or enjoy the discussion of Lewis and Tolkien, you should also check out his site, the Hogwarts Professor.

3 Comments:

At 2/10/2006 02:29:00 PM, Blogger Iconoclast said...

Wow. Those are some pretty in-depth thoughts. I always get a kick of the lady point of view on these Maxim sort of things.

Nice job.

 
At 2/15/2006 09:39:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

60. Women often cite manhandling of breasts as the biggest foreplay faux pas.

This is a bad thing?

 
At 2/16/2006 01:16:00 PM, Blogger Iconoclast said...

I enjoy breasts. I don't get nearly enough of them anymore, but I still enjoy them.

Go figure.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home